If your water bill is skyrocketing but you don't know why - you might have a undetected leak somewhere in your home. Before you pull up the tile or dig up your yard, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Our leak detection system can electronically locate the source without any unnecessary destruction.
Signs You Have a Hidden Leak
- You can hear the continuous sound of water (like a toilet running) when nothing is turned on.
- Your water meter reading changes when you are not using any water. (Mark the indicator on your meter; don’t use any water for an hour; then check the meter. If the indicator moved, you may have a leak.)
- Your water bill escalates over a period of weeks or months. (Compare your bills month to month.)
- Your walls or floors have wet, spongy, moist or discolored areas when nothing has been spilled.
- You can smell foul odors coming from the floors or walls near drains or sewers.
- Your building foundation cracks, vegetation grows unevenly or earth shifts for no apparent reason.
- You find warm spots on your floor, particularly on concrete slab floors.
Providing Simple Solutions for You
It’s possible for technicians to determine the location of a leak by electronically locating the damaged source. This is a distinct contrast to conventional trial-and-error methods of leak detection which require tearing up property. This is known as the search-and-destroy method.
The end result means leaks can be found and repaired with minimal disruption to property. This causes less disruption and saves thousands of dollars in costly search-and-destroy methods that do not guarantee a leak location.