Home Makeover Season: Making Worth RenovationsAugust 23, 2017
“The difference Comes down to our people”August 24, 2017
Bathrooms are made to have basic functionality, but if not designed properly, you may not enjoy maximum usage of the bathroom space. In addition, if your bathroom facilities are out-of-date, it’s likely your plumbing is not performing as efficiently as it could be. The goal should be to enjoy maximum usage of the bathroom space and square footage, with up-to-date and efficiently performing plumbing, while being surrounded by an aesthetically pleasing environment.
Let’s be honest, you are about to pursue a serious mission!
Whether refreshing the style or changing the plumbing system, bathroom renovations along with kitchen renovations are the type of projects homeowners fear and enjoy the most. Homeowners know that it is crucial to pay special attention to the plumbing and electrical systems, and for that reason, even homeowners with some previous experience, prefer to rely on the experts for some of these important details.
Let’s Talk About Contractors.
To start your project, you need to seek quality advice and work with experts who you can discuss your plans with and who will help you realize your dreams. A true expert will be able to simplify listen to your renovation needs and wants and express them on “paper.” Undesirable contractors merely take down your raw ideas, make a price list, and ask for your money. What you need is a contractor in the industry who does a detailed assessment, who demonstrates understanding of what is desired by the client, and provides options for achieving the desired outcome.
What About Costs?
There are many variables you should consider, some related to budget, and others related to how long you’ve been in the house and how long you plan to stay there. There are also different quality levels of remodeling: good, better, and best. The most straightforward approach you should take is to know what you can afford and how that equates to your bathroom project needs. Take the time to find qualified specialists to discuss ideas and alternatives. A true professional will always provide you with as much information as is available in the industry.
Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Not considering the need of enough natural light and ventilation in the design: Most bathroom activities require a great amount of illumination, and windows are the most common option. They can be used for fresh air, natural light and ventilation. Nevertheless, when it is not possible to have a window, a skylight can be a good option. Remember that good ventilation allows all steam to escape, keeping the bathroom dry. This is essential to prevent the unhealthy growth of mold.
- Unrealistically desiring to fit too many elements in small spaces: While it can be tempting to include every modern feature the market offers, this is simply not going to be possible if the place is too small. Working with an experienced design build contractor can help shape your new bathroom into an aesthetically pleasing space, while taking into account the best space vs. utility options. A design build contractor has the knowledge to create the most functional design for the space available.
- Inappropriate Materials: Porous and permeable materials such as soft wood, carpet, and fabric should be avoided in the bathroom. Be sure to make smart choices in relation to the material needs of the project and the budget allowed for the project.
What to focus on?
- Useless Drainage: a basin that refuses to drain properly will leave pools of water on the floor of the bathroom. This can increase the risk of growing mold. Be sure you have adequate and properly designed bathroom drains to allow for drying of all bathroom surfaces.
- Start with your own planning and research.
- Search for high quality advice from expert sources.
- Make sure everything is appropriately documented and written down.
- Get ready to be your own quality control authority. By doing this, you guarantee your bathroom renovation will go as smoothly as possible.
- Don’t forget about seeking expert advice and assistance to help avoid some of the most common bathroom remodeling mistakes and difficulties.
At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, we believe in providing complete satisfaction to our customers when it comes to our plumbing services. We are proud to say our plumbers are some of the best in the business at what they do.
With Every Service, You Can Count On:
- Highly Skilled Plumbers – Out of every 33 individuals who apply to work for us, only one qualifies to be a Benjamin Franklin plumber. We have the highest of standards and employ some of the best-trained staff in the business.
- Straightforward Pricing – No hidden fees. You get the prices up front so you can approve them before we start the work.
- On-Time Service – If There’s Any Delay, It’s You We Pay. It’s not just a motto—it’s our promise.
- Guaranteed Repairs – If a plumbing repair fails in the first two years, we will fix the problem again at no cost to you.
- We’ll Clean Up – We will clean up any messes we make.
Admin. (2010, September 29). BATHROOM REMODELING: Dream or Nightmare? Retrieved from Lars Building A Tradition Of Trust : http://www.larsremodel.com/remodeling-tips/bathroom-remodeling-dream-or-nightmare
Gordon Reese Construction inc. (2017, January 25). 5 OF THE TOP MISTAKES TO AVOID IN YOUR BATHROOM REMODEL. Retrieved from Gordon Reese Construction inc: http://gordonreese.com/5-top-mistakes-avoid-bathroom-remodel/